This New series will attempt to uncover and explain the world of GOG AND MAGOG (Yajuj and Majuj in The Quran)
Signs Before Imam Mahdi. did you know it is predicted he may appear from afghanistan just a prediction. any chance for the pinning it is a good topic.
* The dark of night will not be deemed necessary for the commitment of sins.
* Extravagant mansions will be constructed.
* Singers will be considered respectable.
* War shall be prevalent .
* Gambling will be prevalent.
* People will fear living in their own houses.
* Dajjal shall come and shall have one eye
* Land shall be turned into deserts
* Earthquakes and Volcano's and other natural disasters shall be common.
* Good deeds will be few and far between.
* False guides will mislead the multitudes.
* Posts will be many, but practical teachers a few.
* Mosques will be decorated profusely but urge towards adoration will be absent.
* The rate of accidental deaths will be on the rise.
* The rich will become godless and the devout will become sinful.
* Leaders of opinion will be corrupt and overbearing.
* False witnesses will be accepted and true ones rejected
* The Quran will be considered as an old ancient book
* A person spending money on sinful purposes will not be criticised.
* People will thrust their personal opinions in the religion.
* Usury (Interest) will be considered lawful.
* The virtuous will be despised for their faith in God.
* Human beings will be followers of selfish desires.
* Pride will be taken for oppressive tendencies.
* Good people will observe silence due to fear of wicked persons foul speech.
* Tale bearing and backbiting will be considered as good and will be prevalent.
* A wealthy person will command more respect then a pious person.
* Children will curse their parents and will pray for their early death.
* Payments will be taken for rendering religious services in Mosques.
* There will be two eclipses in the Month of Ramadhan.
* Recitaton of the Holy Quran will be considered as a burden
* Homosexuality will be prevalent
* The land will crumble and sink thrice in the East, the west and Arabian peninsula. ----------------------------------------------------------------
Who Is Imam Mahdi?
Please do not confuse Imam Mahdi with Hadhrat Isa (Jesus) Alayhis Salaam. They are two different persons, and both will come during the last days. According to Hadeeth, Imam Mahdi will appear first, and Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will appear during Imam Mahdi's lifetime. Furthermore, only Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will be able to kill Dajjal (the "anti-Christ").
The term "MAHDI" is a title meaning "The Guided one".
Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mas'ood (R.A.) says that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, "This world will not come to an end until one person from my progeny does not rule over the Arabs, and his name will be the same as my name." (Tirmidhi)
Hadhrat Ali (R.A.) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, "Even if only a day remains for Qiyamah to come, yet Allah will surely send a man from my family who will fill this world with such justice and fairness, just as it initally was filled with oppression." (Abu Dawood)
Hadhrat Abu Saeed Khudri (R.A.) relates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, "Al Mahdi will be from my progeny. His forehead will be broad and his nose will be high. He will fill the world with justice and fairness at a time when the world will be filled with oppression. He will rule for seven years."
Other ahadeeth inform us that:
* He will be tall
* He will be fair complexioned
* His facial features will be similar to those of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)
* His character will be exactly like that of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)
* His father's name will be Abdullah
* His mother's name will be Aamina
* He will speak with a slight stutter and occasionally this stutter will frustrate him causing him to hit his hand upon his thigh.
* His age at the time of his emergence will be forty years
* He will receive Knowledge from Allah.
His Emergence and Rule
Hadhrat Umme Salmah (R.A.) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, " After the death of a Ruler there will be some dispute between the people. At that time a citizen of Madina will flee (from Madinah) and go to Makkah. While in Makkah, certain people will approach him between Hajrul Aswad and Maqaame Ibraheem, and forcefully pledge their allegiance to him.
Thereafter a huge army will proceed from Syria to attack him but when they will be at Baida, which is between Makkah and Madina, they will be swallowed into the ground.
On seeing this, the Abdaals of Shaam as well as large numbers of people from Iraq will come to him and pledge their allegiance to him. Then a person from the Quraish, whose uncle will be from the Bani Kalb tribe will send an army to attack him, only to be overpowered, by the will of Allah. This (defeated) army will be that of the Bani Kalb. Unfortunate indeed is he who does not receive a share from the booty of the Kalb. This person (Imam Mahdi) will distribute the spoils of war after the battle. He will lead the people according to the Sunnat and during his reign Islam will spread throughout the world. He will remain till seven years (since his emergence). He will pass away and the Muslims will perform his Janazah salaat." (Abu Dawood)
According to a Hadeeth, Sayyidena Eesa (A.S.) will lead the Janaazah of Imam Mahdi (A.S.).
While the people will be pledging their allegiance to Imaam Mahdi, a voice from the unseen will call out:
"This is the representative of Allah,
The Mahdi, listen to him and obey him"
This announcement which will be heard by all those present will establish his authenticity. Another sign which will indicate the authenticity of Imaam Mahdi wil be that in the Ramadhaan prior to his emergence an eclipse of the sun and moon will occur.
Hadhrat Abu Umamah (R.A.) says that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "There will be four peace agreements between you and the Romans. The fourth agreement will be mediated through a person who will be from the progeny of Hadhrat Haroon (A.S.) and will be upheld for seven years."
The people asked: "O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam), who will be the Imaam of the people at the time?"
Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "He will be from my progeny and will be forty years of age. His face will shine like a star and he will have a black spot on his left cheek. He will don two "Qutwaani" cloaks and will appear exactly as a person from the Bani Israeel..." (Tabrani)
According to hadith narrated by Abu Saeed Khudri (R.A.) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "...(regarding the rule of Imaam Mahdi) the skies will rain down in abundance and the earth will yield forth its crop in abundance, and those alive will desire that those who have already passed away should have been alive to enjoy this prosperity..."
Hadhrat Buraidah (R.A.) says that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "There will be many armies after me. You must join that army which will come from Khurasaan." (Ibn Adi)
Abu Hurairah (R.A.) says that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "(Armies carrying) black flags will come from Khurasaan. No power will be able to stop them and they will finally reach Eela (Baitul Maqdas) where they will erect their flags."
from: "Signs of Qiyamah"
by Mohammed Ali Ibn Zubair Ali
More Hadeeth (with references) (contributed by Bradley Bilal).
1) The Prophet (PBUH and HF) said: "Even if the entire duration of the world's existence has already been exhausted and only one day is left (before the day of judgment), Allah will expand that day to such a length of time, as to accommodate the kingdom of a person from my Ahlul-Bayt who will be called by my name. He will fill out the earth with peace and justice as it will have been full of injustice and tyranny (by then)."
Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v2, p86, v9, pp 74-75
Sunan Abu Dawud, v2, p7
Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v1, pp 84,376; V3, p63
2) The Prophet (PBUH and HF) said: "al-Mahdi is one of us, the members of the household (Ahlul-Bayt)."
Reference: Sunan Ibn Majah, v2, Tradition #4085
3) The Prophet (PBUH and HF) said: The Mahdi will be of my family, of the descendants of Fatimah (the daughter of the Prophet (PBUH)).
Sunan Abu Dawud, English version, Ch. 36, Tradition #4271 (narrated by Umm Salama, the wife of the Prophet)
Sunan Ibn Majah, v2, Tradition #4086
4) The Prophet (PBUH and HF) said: "We (I and my family) are members of a household that Allah (SWT) has chosen for them the life of the Hereafter over the life of this world; and the members of my household (Ahlul-Bayt) shall suffer a great affliction and they shall be forcefully expelled from their homes after my death; then there will come people from the East carrying black flags, and they will ask for some good to be given to them, but they shall be refused service; as such, they will wage war and emerge victorious, and will be offered that which they desired in the first place, but they will refuse to accept it till they pass it to a man from my family (Ahlul-Bayt) appears to fill the Earth with justice as it has been filled with corruption. So whoever reaches that (time) ought to come to them even if crawling on the ice/snow since among them is the Vice-regent of Allah (Khalifatullah) al-Mahdi."
Sunan Ibn Majah, v2, Tradition #4082,
The History Tabari
al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar, Ch. 11, section 1, pp 250-251
5) Abu Nadra reported: We were with the company of Jabir Ibn Abdillah... Jabir Ibn Abdillah kept quite for a while and then reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said: "There would be a Caliph in the last (period) of my Ummah who would freely give handfuls of wealth to the people without counting it." I said to Abu Nadra and Abu al-Ala: Do you mean Umar Ibn Abd al-Aziz? They said: NO, (he would be Imam Mahdi).
Sahih Muslim, English version, v4, chapter MCCV, p1508, Tradition #6961
Sahih Muslim, Arabic version, Kitab al-Fitan, v4, p2234, Tradition #67
6) "al-Mahdi is from our Ahlul-Bayt, no doubt Allah will enforce his appearance within a night (i.e., his coming is very unpredictable and is very sudden)."
References: Sunan Ibn Majah, v2, p269
Note: Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) has exhorted the regular recital of Suratul Kahf which will most certainly save one from the Evils of Dajjal.
Hadhrat Imraan bin Husain (R.A.) relates that, "I heard Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) saying: "Since the birth of Adam (A.S.) till the advent of Qiyamah there is no fitnah (evil, test) much greater that of Dajjal."
Hadhrat Huzaifah (R.A.) says, Dajjal will be blind in his left eye. He will have very thick hair on his body and he will also have his own type of Jannat (Heaven) and Jahannam (Hell) with him: Although his Jannat will appear as Jannat, in reality it will be Jahannam and likewise though his Jahannam will appear to be Jahannam, in reality it will be Jannat.
Imraan bin Husain (R.A.) says Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Those who hear about Dajjal should stay far from him. By Allah! A person will approach him thinking him to be a Believer, but on seeing his amazing feats he will become his follower."
Ubadah bin Saamit (R.A.) once said, "I have explained Dajjal to you but I fear that you might not have understood. Maseeh Dajjal will be short, and his legs will be crooked. The hair on his head will be extremely twisted. He will have one eye (with which he can see, and this is the protruding eye about which other ahadeeth inform us) while his other eye will be totally flat. It will neither be deep (in its socket) nor protruding.
If you still have any doubt regarding him then remember that your Sustainer (Rabb) is not one-eyed. (Because Dajjal will eventually claim to be Allah). In a lengthy Hadith narrated by Abu Saeed (R.A.), Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is reported to have said: "Dajjal will come but it will be prohibited and impossible for him to enter Madina. He will set up camp in a barren land outside Madina. One person who will be the best of persons will confront him by saying: "I bear witness that you are the very Dajjal about whom Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) has informed us."
Dajjal will say to his followers, "If I kill this person and then revive him, you people will still doubt me?"
They will reply, "No."
He will then kill this person, (according to another narration he will split this person in two) and thereafter revive him. This person will say, "I am totally convinced more than ever before that you definitely are Dajjal."
Dajjal will attempt to kill this person again but his efforts will now be in vain.
(According to a hadith, after this incident, Dajjal will not be able to harm anyone.)
Hadhrat Anas (R.A.) says that Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Dajjal will come and finally reach the outskirts of Madina. There will be three tremors. At that time, all the disbelievers and hypocrites will flee (from Madina).
In this way Madina Munawwarah will be purified of all the evil hypocrites.
Hadhrat Asma bint Yazeed (R.A.) narrates that Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) once came to my house and there he spoke about Dajjal. He said that before the emergence of Dajjal there will be three spells of drought. In one year the skies will withold one third of its rains, causing the earth to withold one third of its produce. In the second year the skies will withold two thirds of its rains, causing the earth to withold two thirds of its produce. In the third year, the skies will withold all its water and there will be no crops that year. All animals, be they hooved or toothed, will die as a result. The greatest evil of Dajjall will be to approach anyone and ask him: "If I bring your camel back to life, will you then believe that I am your Rabb?"
This person will reply, "Most certainly."
Thereafter Shaytaan (from the many Shayateen who will always accompany Dajjal) will appear before this person in the form of his camel with a fat hump and fully laden udders.
Likewise Dajjal will appear before another person whose father and brother have long passed away and ask him, "If I bring your father and brother back to life will you believe that I am your Rabb?"
This person will reply, "Why not?"
Shaytaan will once again take on the appearance of his brother and father...
Hadhrat Mughira ibn Shu'ba (R.A.) says that, "No one asked Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) about Dajjal as much as myself. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) said to me, "How can he possibly harm you?"
I said: "People are saying that he will have with him a mountain of bread (provisions) and a river of water."
Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam) said: "In the sight of Allah he is much more disgraced than that. (i.e. Allah knows full well that in reality Dajjal has nothing with him, and all that which appears to be with him is but deception). (Bukhari and Muslim).
Other Ahadeeth regarding Dajjal inform us that:
He will emerge between Shaam and Iraq, and his emergence will become known when he is in Isfahaan at a place called Yahudea.
The Yahudis (Jews) of Isfahaan will be his main followers.
Apart from having mainly Yahudi followers, he will have a great number of women followers as well.
He will have with him fire and water, but in reality the fire will be cold water while that what appears to be cold water will in reality be a blazing fire.
Those who obey him will enter "his Jannat" while those who disobey him will enter "his Jahannam."
There will be a thick fingernail-like object in his left eye.
The letters "Kaa" "Faa" "Raa" will appear on his forehead and will be deciphered by all Mu'mineen regardless of them being literate or not.
He will have a wheatish complexion.
He will travel at great speeds and his means of conveyance will be a gigantic mule. It is said that he will play beautiful music which will attract the music lovers.
Dajjal will lay claim to prophethood.
He will then lay claim to Divinity.
He will perform unusual feats.
He will travel the entire world. He will send down rains upon those who believe in him, which in turn will cause good crops to grow, trees to bear fruit and cattle to grow fat.
He will cause drought to those who disbelieve in him, resulting in starvation and hardship for them.
During those trying times the Mu'mineen will satiate their hunger through the recitation of Subhanallah and La'ilaha Ilallahu.
The hidden treasures will spill forth at his command. He will stay on this Earth for a period of forty days; the length of the first day will be one year, the second day will be equal to one month, the third day will be equal to a week and the remaining days will be normal.
He will be unable to enter Makkah because the Malaikah will be guarding the Holy City and nor will he be able to enter Madina because there will be Malaikah guarding each of the seven entrances to Madina; From Madina he will proceed towards Shaam where Imaam Mahdi will be stationed.
Finally Isa (A.S.) will descend from the heavens and pursue him and eventually kill him at present day Lydda (Baad Lud).
from: "Signs of Qiyamah"
by Mohammed Ali Ibn Zubair Ali
3.End of the worldby Muhammad Bilal
Since I have not seen any posts that deal with the issue of the end of the world from the point of view of what ISLAM says I have decided to bring you this summary:
Note the following when reading this:
1- The sequence of events noted come from the Q'uran and the Hadith (the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
2- Under Islam Jesus is considered a Prophet and not God.
3- Islam includes both Judaism and Christianity. All of the Prophets from Adam, Noah, Abraham, John, Christ, and Muhammad (pbua)are considered Prophets of Islam.
4- I am writing this with knowledge of both religions as I was Christian Catholic and have embraced Islam a few years ago.
5- The information that appears in the Bible and the Islamic texts corroborate each other. Anyone can buy all these books and read for themselves. There are significant amount of good quality books that address this issue from the point of view of Christianity and Islam. It is just a matter of taking what matches in both religious texts to asess predictions that span more than 2000 years.
6- As you read this you will clearly see that these events are unfolding in front of our eyes, and GOD KNOWS BEST.
THE SEQUENCE OF EVENTS:
1- Increasing turmoil and natural disasters, war, death and conflict. See bellow the list of signs given by the Quaran and Prophet Muhammad.
2- Major catastrophe that will kill 2/3 of the world's population. The continents will move and due to the massive changes plants, animals and human life will die off in large numbers. There will be not much food. It is possible that this will happen in the year 2012 but nothing in the Islamic texts confirms this. The only possible sign is that there are no predictions made in Islam beyond the year 2000. Either a meteorite or some sort of energy pull that will cause a shift in the earth axis. This will cause the "sun to come our from the west" (see bellow predictions). Take a globe and flip is upside sown - you will see that the sun will come out form the west. At this time also there will be constant daylight as the earth tilts and moves into the new axis position. As you know Muslims pray 5 times a day. Prophet Muhammad indicate to people that at this time they should break up the day in equal portions and maintain their scheduled prayers.
3- The appearance of the ANTICRHIST(DJALL). In Islamic terminology it is called the DJALL or LIAR or DECEIVER. This individual will be a Jew whose father will be a Rabbi, he will be blind from one eye and the remaining eye will stick out like a grape. He will have extraordinary powers that will make people believe he is god. He can only be killed by Jesus (a.s.) He will be born in or around the Arabian Penninsula. The fact that he will be Jewish is pointed out in the Torah (Old Testament in the Bible) - Prince of The Israelites and the Islamic texts point out that his main followers will be Jews.
Due to his miraculous powers he will be taken by most of the Jewish and Christian people as the Messiah. As you know Evangelical Christians are waiting for the Messiah once Israel is established. Any one will be able to identify him because he will only support evil actions. Significant amount of Muslims will leave their Faith to also join him a believe in him. It is predicted that a Muslim will believe in the morning and disbelieve in the evening and a non believer will not believe in the morning and believe in the evening. The only people who will oppose him will be a small number of believing Muslims. The Muslims will be persecuted by the ANTICHRIST(DJALL) who will present them as an evil force (sounds familiar?). He will claim he is himself god. The reason for people following him is that due to the amount of turmoil, war, and killings many people will stop believing in God and be angry at Him (as opposed to blaming ourselves for our own corrupt ways). They will look at this individual as their saviour who will have power to produce some food or water for them. Anyone who follows or worships the DJALL will be cursed to Hell by God.
4- In the Arabian Peninsula an individual will appear. In the Islamic predictions his name is MEHDI (IMAM MEHDI r.a.). He will gather the Muslims who oppose the DJALL and fight him. For MEHDI and the opposing forces it will be an ongoing loosing battle. Muslims will be defeated in the East and then the West. The DJALL will come to the walls of Mecca and Medina but he will not be able to enter them.
5- Jesus (a.s.) will descend in Jerusalem. In the Islamic belief Jesus is not crucified, but God replaced him in the cross with another individual and took up to Heaven Jesus (a.s.). One of the main predictions in relation to Jesus (a.s.) is that his descend will be witnessed by EVERYBODY. He will declare his condition as a Prophet and not God. People will turn away from the DJALL. Jesus (a.s.) will kill the DJALL at one of the gates of Jerusalem.
6- Once this happens the people of Gog and Magog will come out. They will be all killed. Peace and prosperity will then descend upon the whole world where Jesus (a.s.) will be the leader of all people. At this point Jesus (a.s.) will marry and have a family.
7- Jesus (a.s.) will die. Then, all good people will be taken up by God through a wind that will descend and kill them. Only corrupt, unbelieving people will remain. Then end of the wold will then come and Judgment Day.
These are SIGNS related to the end of times according to Islamic sources:
- Wild animals will be gathered into captivity and kept in collections in pens and cages.
- Murder will be considered a minor act.
- Men will get payment for their reproductive organs (artificial fertilization).
- Reducing weights and measures of goods will be a means of increasing profits.
- The person earning a proper and lawful livelihood will be scorned and the person earning his living from unfair means will be admired.
- The main purpose in life will be earning and enjoying.
- Aphrodisiacs will be used to strengthen the body for sodomy.
- Usury will gain solid ground.
- Adultery will be commonplace.
- The murder victim will not know why he is murdered and the killer will not know why he killed.
- Mansions like palaces will be constructed.
- Bribery will become like a custom.
- There will be no regard for the ties of relationship.
- Murder will increase.
- Fools will be made rulers.
- Forbearance will be called cowardice and weakness.
- Ministers of government will be liars.
- The practice of divorce will increase.
- A liar will be considered an acceptable witness.
- Homosexuality will be openly practiced.
- Good people will keep silent fearing others' foul speech.
- Goodness and evil will be viewed from the same perspective.
- Young boys will be used like women on payment.
- Unworthy persons will meddle in affairs of state.
- Men will keep their hair in a ladylike manner.
- The governors will consider the wealth of the people as their own and they will attack the morality of women.
- Governments will stockpile grains to maintain prices.
- Government will be entrusted to those unworthy of it.
- The earth will vomit oblong pieces of its liver like columns of gold and silver. The murderer will come and say "I killed for this," and the deserter will come and say "I deserted my family for this," and the thief will come and say "My hand has been cut off for this."
- The Euphrates will disclose a mountain of gold over which people will fight. Ninety-nine out of each hundred will be killed and every one of them will say "Maybe I will be the one who will escape."
- The Last Hour shall not occur until wealth will increase among you and become enormous, until a man takes out the charity due from his wealth but will find none to accept it, until the land of the Arabs becomes meadows and rivers.
- The Last Hour shall not occur until wealth will increase among you and become enormous, and the owner of wealth will search for one entitled to the charity due on it; and he will present it and the person to whom it will be presented will say "I have no need of it;" and barefooted shepherds will compete with each other in the building of tall buildings.
- The slave girl will give birth to her owner .
ABOUT THE MUSLIMS IT HAS BEEN PREDICTED:
1. You will follow the practices of those who were before you, step by step, foot by foot, so much so that if one of them goes into the hole of a lizard you will follow.
2. God will take up the knowledge, not by removing it from the minds of people, but by taking possession of the knowledgeable. Then the people will call on the ignorant to inform them, and they will go astray and lead astray.
3. The people will get up in the morning to carry on trade and there will be hardly anyone who will fulfill their bargain. It will be said "There is a trustworthy man in so and so;" and it will be said of a man "How wise is he! How skillful is be! How resolute is he," while in his heart there will be no faith even to the grain of a mustard seed.
4. It is near that the nations will call one another against you just as diners call one another to their dishes. You will be numerous, but you will be so much rubbish like the rubbish of a flood. God will take away the fear of you from the minds of your enemies and will put weakness in your hearts, from love for this world and dislike of death.
5. Wait for the last Hour when allegiance will be destroyed. Wait for the Hour when rule will be entrusted to those who will be unworthy of it.
6. The Hour shall not occur until time contracts. A year will go by like a month, a month like a week, a week like a day, a day like an hour and an hour like the kindling of a fire.
7. Time will become short, learning will come to an end, troubles will appear, miserliness will be cast in the hearts, and murder will increase.
8. The first of the signs to appear will be the rising of the sun in its place of setting and the coming forth of the beast in the morning. Whichever of them comes first will soon be followed by the other.
9. Let him who hears of the dajjal go far from him, for I swear by God that a man will go to him thinking he is a believer and follow him because of confused ideas which he rouses in him.
10. The Smoke; the Dajjal; the Beast; the rising of the sun in its place of setting; the descent of Jesus son of Mary; Gog and Magog; three earthquakes -- one in the East, one in the West, and one in Arabia; and a fire which will drive mankind to their place of assembly.
11. The least of the signs of the last hour will be a fire which will gather mankind from the east to the west.
ABOUT THE ANTI CHRIST (DJALL IN ISLAMIC TERMINOLOGY):
There is no prophet who has not warned his people about the one-eyed liar. I tell you that he is one-eyed, but your Lord is not one-eyed. On his forehead are the letters "k," "f," "r." (KUFAR means UNBELIEVER IN GOD)
He is one-eyed, and will bring with him something like paradise and hell, but what he calls paradise will be hell. I warn you as Noah warned his people about him.